Everyone stresses out about Christmas gifts from time to time. Sometimes, you just don’t know what to get someone at all. The Christmas ornament that you think is beautiful might not fit someone else’s tastes. The book or CD that you want to get someone as a holiday gift might be something that they already have.
There is one thing, however, that people always like. No matter what the holiday or occasion, gourmet food is pretty much always appreciated. Christmas gift food might be the perfect present for that relative you don’t quite know how to shop for, or for that close friend you want to surprise this year.
There are many different gift foods for Christmas. One of the most traditional items is gingerbread. Each and every year, gingerbread cookies are among the most popular Christmas gift foods sold in this country.
After all, you can’t beat a classic. If you are a bit more ambitious, you can make your own Christmas fruitcake. Although not everyone likes fruitcakes, Those that are into them absolutely love them.
Of course, steak is becoming a much more popular Christmas gift food than ever before. Gourmet steaks are sort of expensive, and most people don’t feel entitled to buy them during the majority of the year. That is why getting one as a present for Christmas can be such a treat. I ordered one of my cousins a Christmas Omaha steak last year, and he absolutely loved it.
A lot of people opt to get a holiday gift basket. This allows you to give a variety of different Christmas gift food at once. You can include candies, cheeses, sausage, and gourmet crackers. You can also wrap it up very nicely, including bows, tinsel, or anything else you want to. Christmas gift baskets can be bought of course, but a lot of people like to make them themselves. Either way, it is a great way to give Christmas gift food.
anything that people don’t get to eat every day can make a good Christmas gift. Christmas cookies are always a popular present in my place of work. The great thing about bringing in a Christmas cookie tray is that everyone gets to share. It is an inexpensive and delicious token of your affection that your family, friends, or coworkers are sure to appreciate. Just remember, when you get that wine and cheese basket, Christmas gift food is meant for sharing!
The Recipes I Promised:
1 – Homemade Panettone Recipe
6 tablespoons sugar
1 and 1/2 cup of warm water
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of flour
1 sachet of instant yeast (10g)
4 and 1/2 cups of flour approximately
4 tablespoons of butter or margarine
1 tablespoon panettone essence
1 cup candied fruit
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chip or drops
1 cup icing sugar
2 or 3 tablespoons of milk
Method of preparation:
- In a container mix the sponge ingredients, cover with a cloth and leave for 30 minutes, until bubbles begin to form.
- Add: eggs, butter or margarine, essence and flour slowly until it does not stick to the hands.
- Knead well, add the candied fruits, raisins and drops or drips of chocolate and continue kneading to mix well.
- Divide into two portions, accommodate each portion into a 500g panettone pan. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- With a knife make cross-shaped cuts on top of each panettone, place in the center of the cuts 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- Turn the oven on at 180 ° C when baking. Leave for about 45 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients of the topping in a double boiler and pour over cold panettones. Garnish with candied fruit, raisins and drops or drops of chocolate.
2 – Christmas Cookie Recipe
¾ cup of sugar
¾ cup of butter
2 cups wheat flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon spice mix
- In a mixer, add sugar, butter, flour, vanilla essence, spice mixture and whisk until smooth. Turn off the mixer, put the batter in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After this time, remove the dough from the fridge, remove from the plastic bag, put between 2 plastics and roll out the dough. Cut the dough into the shape you prefer, distribute in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and garnish with paste.
- For decoration, make a bundle of cornstarch and beat on the counter to open the American paste of your favorite color, cut and decorate the cold cookies.
Did you like the recipes? Leave your comment!